Jim Brown Audio Player
Welcome to my new website. I hope you will enjoy taking the time to look over a number of new features that we have put up for your enjoyment, your entertainment, and perhaps even some knowledge that you will not find anywhere else. I’m glad to have all of our previous viewers, and welcome to all of those of you throughout the country and all over the world, who regularly check in here JimBrownLA.com.
Some 700,000 hits have come to this site in the past two years alone, and our numbers are growing by the day. Hopefully, our newly designed website will offer you even more opportunities to be a regular, interactive viewer, and I look forward to adding more material of interest in the weeks to come.
Hey, are you a regular listener yet on my daily radio show, The Jim Brown Program, on thenew995fm.com? I broadcast from the Clear Channel Studios in the heart of downtown New Orleans each weekday from 8:00 am until 11:00 am. This station is the old “Rock of New Orleans” that used to have the call letters of WRNO. The classic rock has moved to 104.l FM, but the real rock is on talk radio at thenew995fm.com. So be sure and tune in to hear yours truly pontificate on any number of controversial subjects to keep the crowd stirred up every day.
I have a cross-section of interesting guests almost every day. I also write a daily blog that you can read on the station’s website, and you can access it by going to http://www.thenew995fm.com, hitting the “Hosts” column in the homepage, and pulling up my site. You can both instant message and email me right off this site.
What a thrill last week to have three Medal of Honor winners as my guests who served in World War II. They were full of unbelievable stories including courage shown by Capt. Jack Lucas (Ret.). He was in a foxhole with several fellow soldiers when two hand grenades came into their trench. Jack threw himself on the grenades, was almost killed, but survived, and for obvious reasons, was giving the nation’s highest military award.
Senator Walter Boasso was on to talk about his “Let’s Get It On” program. I tried to bait him about his plans to run for Governor of Louisiana next year but he was understandably coy. He did commit to announcing on my show if he makes the decision to run.
I have a full line up in the days to come. I’ll visit with you soon on thenew995fm.com.
As many of you know, I take my health seriously, and try to work out on a regular basis, including lengthy stretching every day. I’ve never really gotten into yoga, opting instead for my own regiment developed through trial and error over many years. So far, my routine has worked well for me.But I have studied a bit of Zen. Here are a few of the premises I have learned. See if they work for you.
- The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and or a flat tire.
- Don’t be irreplaceable. If you can’t be replaced, you can’t be promoted.
- Always remember that you’re unique — just like everyone else.
- Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
- If you think nobody cares if you’re alive, try missing a couple of car payments.
- Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.
- If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you.
- Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
- If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
- If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
- Some days you’re the bug; some days you’re the windshield.
- Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
- The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
- A closed mouth gathers no foot.
- Duct tape is like ‘The Force’. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
- Generally speaking, you aren’t learning much when your lips are moving.
- Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.
- Never miss a good chance to shut up.
So, take these words of wisdom and I’m sure your life will be much more focused. Right? Good luck.
Be sure and check in with me next week. Lots to pass on during the Christmas holidays.